Any prior mesh related surgeries, OBGYN medical issues from history?
E.g.: Past Medical History: Conditions affecting genito-urinary tract.
E.g.: Surgical History: Partial cystectomy, cystoplasty, hysterectomy, cesarean section.
• Was the mesh placed?
• Need for mesh placement?
• Was he/she a right candidate for mesh placement?
PRODUCT DETAILS – SAMPLE:
Product name E.g.: Elevate® Apical and Posterior System with IntePro® Lite™
Manufacturer’s name E.g.: American Medical Systems
Catalog number E.g.: 720127-01
Lot number E.g.: SN 616977003
Size E.g.: Unavailable.
Snapshot of the Product label
• Detailed operative procedure for the placement/explant
• Vaginal mesh erosion
• Exposure or extrusion of mesh
• Feeling a lump in the vagina opening or something protruding from vagina
• Painful sexual intercourse
• Recurrent Pelvic Organ Prolapse (POP)
• Recurrent Stress Urinary Incontinence (SUI)
• Urinary retention
• Organ perforation
• Muscular problems
• Vaginal scarring and shortening
• Vaginal chronic drainage, discharge and infections
• Mesh contraction
• Emotional distress
DIAGNOSIS AND MANAGEMENT OF THE POST-OPERATIVE COMPLICATION:
• Whether the above mentioned symptoms were identified as a complication of mesh placement?
• Was it managed medically or surgically?
• If surgically, whether the mesh was removed?